It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Interior
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:08 am 
Forum Member
Forum Member

:D I finally got my new interior installed. I bought mine through Corvette America,and I picked it up at the Carlisle show. Fortunetly I don't live that far away so I saved on shipping. A friend and coworker of mine who has done his own frame off resto on a "69 helped me do the install. Till it was all daid and done it took between 6 and 8 hours to do everything. I put in a complete carpet set, both door panels, and both seats. I also bought the complete two door rear compartment as one unit. Just take the old one out and pop in the new one. :D While everything was apart I redyed the seat shells and the kick panels. I will say this getting the new seats and backs back on was a pain in the butt. :evil: However, once we figured out how it's done on the first seat the second was a piece of cake. I will be posting the before and after pics once figure out how to post them. :? Also I am looking to sell the old door panels and seats if anybody wants them. The old two door compartment unit is pretty much junk, the plastic is faded and broken in to many places. I will get those pics put up with the rest. The next part that will be done is to redye the front dash which I already know is going to be a job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:54 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Good deal. Cant wait to see the pics. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:29 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

This is just one of many different ways to post a pic on some forums. Good luck.

1. Create Free account at http://Photobucket.com
2. Select Browse button and select picture you want to upload
3. Select Upload button
4. Click on “IMG Code” box with code in it, the code will automatically be copied to your clipboard
5. Paste the code into your post on the Forum
6. Submit post…you’re done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:41 am 

My dash was all cracked so I had to replace it. I did go to a local auto paint supply shop and had them mix the DuPont dye in the dash color. They would have put it into spray cans for me but I choose to take it in by the pint ($45) (also had a pint of dark brown mixed). I have a lot of plastic parts that need to be touched up.

Anyway using the DuPont dye/paint ensures that it the correct color.

I have a small spray gun (top load Harbor freight) which they recommended because I will not be doing a lot of spraying myself. They told me I should be able use an airbrush system also.

Just an option to purchasing the dye in prepared cans, I ran the figures and the cost almost the same either way. So I choose the one that gave me the most flexibility for the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:54 pm 

Tb2k82CE wrote:
My dash was all cracked so I had to replace it. I did go to a local auto paint supply shop and had them mix the DuPont dye in the dash color. They would have put it into spray cans for me but I choose to take it in by the pint ($45) (also had a pint of dark brown mixed). I have a lot of plastic parts that need to be touched up.

Anyway using the DuPont dye/paint ensures that it the correct color.

I have a small spray gun (top load Harbor freight) which they recommended because I will not be doing a lot of spraying myself. They told me I should be able use an airbrush system also.

Just an option to purchasing the dye in prepared cans, I ran the figures and the cost almost the same either way. So I choose the one that gave me the most flexibility for the future.

Welcome. :D Some of us are from C3VR also. Enjoy and keep up the good work on the interior. :D

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82