It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:25 am 

It's a bitter sweet goodbye...

And of course there will always be good memories....(hottie at car show)

But sometimes you just have to say to hell with it, and and start the love affair all over again...

So let me introduce everyone to our new hot rod!

1998 Torch Red Convertible -

Black soft top. 51,000 miles. LS-1 Automatic, F45 Selective ride, Dual zone a/c, Bose am-fm-cd, full power options, tilt, cruise, rear window def. Light Gray dual power sport seats. Chromed wheels with excellent radials. Magnaflow Stainless exhaust.

I will probably be stepping down from the moderator position here, someone want to step up and take over?
We really enjoyed our CE, but it was time to let her go. The ride home tonight was fantastic to say the least. I'm sad, but now we have a rag top to chase away the blues....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:53 am 

Nice ride..hope you enjoy the C5 they are great drivers...

Other Vette's
1996 LT4 CE
1991 ZR-1
1995 LT1
2004 LS1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:34 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :( :(

Dawg.. Wow.. I'm a bit sad, but happy for you. I hope you guys wont regret the move later. C5's are great cars, no doubt.. And if you ever want a ride in an old iron, let us know. I'm sure we can work somethig out..
If you dont mind sharing, what prompted the move to a BigButt?

Dont be a stranger around here, ya hear!?

:wave

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:21 pm 

Well, if you must move on so be it but why leave? I had an 87 conv for several years and they are cool, very noisy, but cool. Whatever you do, GOOD LUCK! 8) :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:07 am 

Old habits are hard to break, I don't think I will ever sit down here and not click on this link to see all the beautiful CE's here... I may not post every time, but be warned that I'm lurking...

We decided to look into a C5 for the comfort and ability to travel with it whenever the bug bites. We are already going up to Flagstaff next weekend to visit the daughters in college.
Don't get me wrong, the CE never let us down, but I'm 6'3" and a fat and sassy 300lbs, so the 82 was a little bit cramped on long drives. I can sit in the big butt and actually stretch out my legs, and I can even scratch my left ear now... :D

I will probably always regret selling our Collector Edition, but I figure later on after the girls are out of college I can find another 82 that will allow me to do the mods I want like having the only CE vert....
Tonight I was already feeling a little melancholy, but a quick top down run around the block made me feel better pretty fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:09 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Sounds like you made the right decision for you. I hope you told the new owner about this place, right ????

Good to hear you'll stick around..
If you feel like it, come on over to the CAC. They got plenty of C5's and are the most friendly people (aside from here) that i ran into.
See you around!!

:wave

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:56 pm 

Ohhhhh Myyyyy........ :shock: :o :shock:

Now you have gone and done it.... :x

Are you lurking or just waiting to come back here again. :lol: :wink:

We both give you the Best of Best of Luck with your new C-5 Vette. May new journies begain and old journies never fade away.

Now are you and your daughter going to autocross your C-5?

Enjoy and don't be a stranger. :)

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:58 pm 

Also, at least you stayed with a vette. :wink:

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:44 am 

I told the wife she has to go autoX this thing with me now that the kids are gone, she needs to learn how to handle it too. With both kids off at college I don't see anytime soon that they will be able to make it, but if they do I will surely take them too.
We bought the C5 to enjoy, just like the CE, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed to play too. With just about everything computer controlled in the C5, I don't think any of them will ever hurt it...

None of them, me included were able to hurt the CE autoXing, I was a little rough on it, but then all Corvette's were originally designed to race anyway.... I always said "if I can't go race it (drag or autoX) then it's not worth owning.

Oh! and yeah, there's always a possibility I may own another one again some day. The CE was just way to much fun....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:49 am 

Stefan,
I would join the CAC, but I'm already all forum'd out...

Between this place, the Meguiar's forum, the Corvette Forum, the Crossfire forum......
And being the administrator on the http://www.arizonavette.net/forums/index.php with just over 400 members now, I don't even have time to look at pron anymore.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:09 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Dawg: Congrats on the new ride!!!!!!!!!!! Love that color combo with the vert. Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:48 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

dawg...dawg...Dawg...DAWG!!!!

Son, did you forget to remove the t-tops & bump your coconut gettin' out?
You gave up one of the sexiest body styles in automotive history for one of those brick-square hair curlers??? I MEAN.... DAMN!!!!!Oh well, to each-his-own, I guess...

Seriously, I really hate to see that beautiful highway shark leave your posession; it was obvious you were very proud of your CE and rightfully so, she was & is a beaut!

I hope you sold it to a person that bought it for the right reasons & will continue to honor the CE's heritage & the fact it is a rare beast that is to be treated as such! One thing that burns my ass is to see a rare breed abused.

Good Luck with the new one and with the memories to come!

Bigdaddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:52 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Desertdawg wrote:
Stefan,
I would join the CAC, but I'm already all forum'd out...

Between this place, the Meguiar's forum, the Corvette Forum, the Crossfire forum......
And being the administrator on the http://www.arizonavette.net/forums/index.php with just over 400 members now, I don't even have time to look at pron anymore.... :D

No sweat.. I have the same issue, at some point you got to draw the line.. And who needs "pron" if you got the hottie's next to the car.. :lol:

As to AutoXing the car: I'm with you on that one. Had mine out at Pocono Raceway for a weekend driving school thing. I beat the crap out of everyone even the honda 2000's on the straight away, but then came the corner and they had me beat by a mile. Breaking and cornering the old iron is a different animal then the new carts.. :wink: