It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Info on Diecast CE's
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:33 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Are there any good quality diecast's of the CE out there. I found one but it's the usual black interior cheap looking one. The info also says its "silver" :roll: :?

http://www.diecastbymail.ca/Merchant2/m ... Code=71026

Post subject: Diecast cars
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:44 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

There are a number of 82 CE diecast cars. The one you have linked us to is a great example. The AutoArt car does not have black interior it is more like the correct CE. None of my 82 CE diecast have black interior. The silver exterior has a limited amount of biege in the paint. Not bad, but is could be a little more correct. When you first open our 82 CE website, instead of opening messages, open links and then open ebay. You will frerquently find this diecast listed there for less money. Be advised, there are two version of this diecast, the latter is more detailed and includes pop up head lights. The earlier version did not have the pop ups.

In my collection I have the Johnny Lightning, Zora Duntov, Part Time Hobbies, Franklin Mint, both of the Auto-Art cars, the GM Promo car, 3 plastic models, the very big plastic mode. I think Danbury mint had an 82 CE, but it only comes in the 50th set.

Let me know if you find any others. One day, I will take photos of all of these cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm 

Johnny is correct. Besides he has more then me. :( I'll catch up... I hope... :lol: :wink:

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:19 am 
I too have all of the die cast cars made for the c.e. The best part of it all is the c.e die cast car made by Johnny Lightening is actually my car. They used my car to make the die cast toy. See Vette magazine Feb 2001 issue. :D Its really cool to know a die cast car of your car was made and it is the hardest one to get from the series. It cant get any better than that. :) April The Vettelady.

Post subject: Diecast
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:06 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I love my little Johnny Lightning!! Great Job April!

In a previous post on this thread, I listed the 82 CE diecasts and models I have collected. Does anyone know of any others that are out there that are not on my list? Has anyone actually seen the Danbury Mint 82 CE?

I think we need a button, like messages or links, on the Website for 82 CE Collectibles. Then we each take a photo of the items and have it posted to the site with a brief description of the item. No actual car parts just items that have been produced that feature the 82 Collector Edition Corvette!

How can we make this happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:45 am 

I paid $79.00 for the one at this site....looks like they are sold out right now.

http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Make ... 82/AA71201

Other Vette's
1996 LT4 CE
1991 ZR-1
1995 LT1
2004 LS1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:35 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I have 2 CE's, the Zora small one, and one from England (a friend of mine brought me that one, i have to check who the manufacturer is). That one is 1:18..

Yeah, pics would be awesome..

Also, a guy over at the CAC has a model maker on hand that made an exact replica of his car (a green C5). If anyone is interested i can copy theinfo here. We're talking a model of YOUR car.. Not just a CE, well, except for April (Thats is awesome Girl!)..

:wave
-Stefan

Post subject: Diecast
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:27 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Please let us know about who is the manufacturer of the diecast from England. Check on the size also. I am not familiar with that one, at least from your description of the car. Pics are good! I would like to hear more about the custome diecast opportunity,

Thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:08 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Johnny: It's definitly 1:18, i have to dig it out of the box i have them in right now. Forgot yesterday, getting old, what can i say.. :lol:

I'll note it for tonight and let you guys know tomorow..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:25 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Allrighty, back to this: Now i had the note sitting at my desk for a wekk.. :lol:

The english die cast is a 1:18 AutoArt. It's a very nice model, although a bit on the silver side, color wise. But iit very detailed, tie down strap et all.. Seems like they are sold around the globe, hu?

Sorry if i raised anyones hopes there were more out there..

Back to the pics: Do we want to put a reference pic of each manufacturers DieCast models ? Just so we know: There is x amount of modesl out there.. Johnny seems to have the most, wanna start ? :wink:

:wave
-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:14 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I don't think Danbury mint ever made a CE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:01 pm 

copter wrote:
I don't think Danbury mint ever made a CE

I haven't seen any from them. I even emailed them and no they didn't make our CE.

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82