It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New hatch struts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:41 am 
For Sale pair of rear hatch struts they are new, but not the original equipment.I had a limited amount of these custom manufactured,If you own a CE, I am sure you have experienced trouble with your hatch adjustment (the aluminum alloy hinges stretch causing hatch adjustment to be nesaccery even going as far as having to make the hinge mounting slot longer or relocating the pin in the hinge, so what I did was had these struts made. The original equipment struts can lift approx. 75lbs each (total 150lbs)the hatch glass weighs about 35lbs. MY lifts can lift 50lbs each (total 100lbs) The jury is still out ,but I am hoping this modification will stop the stretching of the hinges. At this lower pressure the hatch still pops open and raises very nicely. I have owned three CE and had to deal with this problem on all of them (Still own one 16,000 org miles) Just remove your old ones and install your new ones same lenght and Your hatch will again raise by itself. $108.00 shipping included I am sure that you will be pleased I have them on my CE they work great. I have sold several sets on ebay under the seller name of corvettepete check my feedback with all satisfied customers Please email with any questions or for pictures at ((((((petevett@hotmail.com )))))))) Money back if not satified Thank you Pete

I have listed these on ebay Item Number 220015886749

Post subject: hatch struts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:26 pm 
Sold 220015886749 New listing 220016185073

When these sets are sold I will not be having anymore made,So get them while they last,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:56 am 
sold 220016185073 new listing 220016446701

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:58 am 
Sold 220016446701 new listing 220016493029 Get a set and save originals ,in an open postion the gas inside will not be as compressed should store for a long time Pete

Post subject: struts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:43 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Please email me, I am interested in buying a pair but I do not use ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:16 pm 
not aproblem will ship to Canada it cost a little more for shipping But you save $4.00 by not using E bay,Sorry about price tag ,but because of the small amount of these I had manufactured ,the manufactorer charged a premium price for the special engineering and short run ,but they are still a lot cheaper then $179.00 and I hear they are not very good , because I sold a set to a member, I think he was a member, who after getting mine, he returned the $179.00 struts, Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:36 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Great, sometimes people won't send things across because they think it's too much of a hassle. Email sent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:04 am 

Pete,
Why don't you get registered on our site? it would be better to see a member instead of guest...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:41 am 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

I have been a member for a couple years now ,figured it out need to log in before posting, when I first posted it said corvettepete was taken ,so I thougt I was dropped.I think it come up as me now,instead of guest
Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:18 pm 

Dawg, I remember Pete last year.

Pete, I have to agree with Dawg. Even though some may know you just sign in just incase others have questions that pertain to a guest. There's wack'o's out there. Not you. Your 8)

Hope you sell your items. Good Luck. :D

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:46 pm 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

Good advice ,I did not know it would post guest,thought I had my computor set to automatic log in ,oh well live and learn, I had 50 sets made the minnium the manifacturer would run, have sold about half last time I put them on the market,without a single complaint ,everyone was pleased ,that is why this time I said I would refund the money if you were not happy with the product, they are aftermarket and not Identical to the origanals ,but work very good,and as I said maybe the hinges will not stertch as much with the lower pressure ,Wish we could use the water pressure metal cutting machine that the Tuttles use at Orange County Choppers could whip out new hinges real fast. Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:05 pm 
This a test to see if I automatic logged in,that is how it works at a different club I belong to. Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:09 pm 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

Did not work will have to log in each time I post Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:27 am 

Sounds like you need to delete the cookie you have for this site, and you could try replacing the link you use with this one...
http://www.corvetteaddiction.com/82ce/forum/index.php

I hope this works, we had to go through this on the other site I run when we changed servers....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:58 pm 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

Will give it a try Sold another set Item 220016493029 sold New ebay listing No. 220017454347 just enter this number at ebay search
Thanks pete