It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ncrs show?s
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:20 pm 
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

fellow members i have a ncrs show this coming sunday. any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. also does anybody know where we can get original delco freedom batteries and oil filter? i currently have a optima battery and amsoil filter which i know will get a full deduction.

thanks oneillvette

Post subject: NCRS Show
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:37 pm 
You will enjoy the NCRS show. If you are having your car judged at the show you hopefully have fully prepared your car, done a test inspection and graded yourself. The judging standard is the 1980-1982 Corvette Technical Information Manual & Judging Guide, 2nd Edition, published by the NCRS.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has reproduced the Delco Freedom Battery. If you are using a Delco replacement battery you will probably receive 30 of 40 originality points and 0 of 10 condition points. If you use the Optima battery, you will receive 0 of 40 originality points and 0 condition points.

Same goes for the oil filter. Use the AC Delco replacements and loose the least amount of points. I have two of the orignal PF-25 oil filters as well as the original AC Delco A824C.

An NCRS Sticker on your window will get you a few points, as will a fire extinguisher. My NCRS score was 4439 out of 4510 possible for a 98.6 Top Flight Award. What an honor!

Good Luck, and let us know how your car does!

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:39 pm 
That was my post, but the signature did not post!

Good Luck!

JohnnyB
The 62

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:39 pm 
That was my post, but the signature did not post!

Good Luck!

JohnnyB
The 82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:42 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I'm new here but had the same question concerning the battery. I asked the 80-82 NCRS Team Leader and his response to me was:

"Donald,

Look for a Delco/Delphi group 75 side terminal only battery. I own a 82 Collector and I’ve got a Delco 75A72 battery. (Group 75 72 month warranty) It cost $69.99 (+core) at a local discount parts place (Murry’s Discount Auto Parts). I could have purchased a 75A84 for $10.00 more but deceided I’d try to stay as close as I could to the original batteries CCA rating of 485. If you go to a GM (Chevrolet) dealer they’ll sell you a group 70 which is a smaller in size battery but closer to the original CCA’s. As you can see the grouping numbers of 78/75/70 have to do with the physical size of the battery.
Any non GM battery receives zero points in flight judging."

If you need anyother info from him his e-mail address is ncrs78_82@hotmail.com and his name is Brian Pierce.

I am registered to do my NCRS Regional the first weekend of November, and can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:45 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I'm new here but had the same question concerning the battery. I asked the 80-82 NCRS Team Leader and his response to me was:

"Donald,

Look for a Delco/Delphi group 75 side terminal only battery. I own a 82 Collector and I’ve got a Delco 75A72 battery. (Group 75 72 month warranty) It cost $69.99 (+core) at a local discount parts place (Murry’s Discount Auto Parts). I could have purchased a 75A84 for $10.00 more but deceided I’d try to stay as close as I could to the original batteries CCA rating of 485. If you go to a GM (Chevrolet) dealer they’ll sell you a group 70 which is a smaller in size battery but closer to the original CCA’s. As you can see the grouping numbers of 78/75/70 have to do with the physical size of the battery.
Any non GM battery receives zero points in flight judging."

If you need anyother info from him his e-mail address is ncrs78_82@hotmail.com and his name is Brian Pierce.

I am registered to do my NCRS Regional the first weekend of November, and can't wait.