It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:56 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

On Sunday, a guy from other site i frequent (CAC) had an outing with his Club down in Ocean City NJ (BoardwalkCorvettes), which I attented.

I made it down there after i washed the car and zaino'd it the day before early Sunday morning . No problems with the car, smooth ride and it was a very nice day. Overcast, warm but windy. I met a lot of nice people and answered a lot of questions. My wife met me down there with the little one but travelled seperatly as i was "locked" in on the boards until 4pm.

Driving onto the boardwalk is something i wont forget soon; we were warned to stay on the white lines in the middle as those are the support for the boards and to not break one.. Creekey :shock:

I met the 3 other owners of CE's in the show (274 cars total were there) and one member here (Hey ! Black Electricians tape covers nicely :P ). We talked a lot about decals and CE specifics with all people. One CE owner (I call him Mr. Originality) made some unwelcomed comments regarding my missing/repainted decals, but: whatever! :?

My wife overheard one of the nicest comments from a coupe of guys (one explaining the CE's to the other): ".. And the hatch was special for the 82CE and ... But you rarely see one in a such a great condition as this one.. " :D

So, my sweat on Saturday paid off and that comment made me happy. All in all a long but nice day to spend with the family.

Here are a few selected pics, some from the airport staging, some from the boardwalk..

82ColEd - Boardwalk 2006

Hope you enjoy..
-Stefan

Last edited by 82ColEd on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:55 am 

Wow Stefan, great story and pictures... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:45 pm 

Thanks for sharing the pictures and nice to see that 3 CE's at a show together. 8) :P

I for one, like your crowl strips and decals. :wink:

Everyone has thier own way of keeping thier vettes. But pretty soon all our vette's will not be original. Most original parts are no longer made. So what then? Original is out of the question... Eh!!! :roll:

Good to hear you and the family enjoyed the show and boardwalk. :D

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:13 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Iron 82 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pictures and nice to see that 3 CE's at a show together. 8) :P

I for one, like your crowl strips and decals. :wink:

Everyone has thier own way of keeping thier vettes. But pretty soon all our vette's will not be original. Most original parts are no longer made. So what then? Original is out of the question... Eh!!! :roll:

Good to hear you and the family enjoyed the show and boardwalk. :D

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, IF (<<IF!!! :roll: ) you drive your car once in a while. Otherwise they "stay" all original. I dont mean to be mean. I, like most others, enjoy an original car that the owner spend a lot of time, money and sweat by either keeping it or putting back together to original. Just dont preach to others about it. :roll:
But i guess some just need to justify their efforts by bringing others down. I did walk over to speak to the other 2 CE owners and introduced myself. We had lovely chats with those. Trading insider CE secrets is fun.

I made a point of walking past him and ignored his car.. Too bad..

It was fun anyways. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:25 pm 

Your not mean. We say what is on our minds. We all go through it.

I'm not sure but did you talk to a Mike at the show? I think it was the one you took picture next to the C-6 ZO6. He has two '82CE's. Very nice he is. :)

Enjoy your weekend. Some sun and rain. Hmmm.... I hate rain... :lol: :lol:

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:26 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Iron 82 wrote:
Your not mean. We say what is on our minds. We all go through it.

I'm not sure but did you talk to a Mike at the show? I think it was the one you took picture next to the C-6 ZO6. He has two '82CE's. Very nice he is. :)

Enjoy your weekend. Some sun and rain. Hmmm.... I hate rain... :lol: :lol:

Yep. Very nice guy.. We were practically parked across from each other when where staged on the Airport. He didnt mention he had 2. We went all over our cars and comparing notes. Great guy indeedy. As was the other guy, Nick, who had his daughter with him. I was wondering if they are members here.

Weekend ? Oh, right, 2nd job.. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:44 pm 

82ColEd wrote:
Yep. Very nice guy.. We were practically parked across from each other when where staged on the Airport. He didnt mention he had 2. We went all over our cars and comparing notes. Great guy indeedy. As was the other guy, Nick, who had his daughter with him. I was wondering if they are members here.

Weekend ? Oh, right, 2nd job.. :lol: :lol:

:wave:

I do believe Mike has registered here. Not sure what name he is under! :? Don't know if Nick is here or not. :roll:

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:05 am 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hey Stefan, I'm glad I got to meet you out there. I was the guy who introduced myself to you with my girlfriend but I didnt bring my car because it was supposed to rain.

Yeah that one guy was a jerk, thinking he was better than you because you painted your stickers on. My girlfriend and I saw him later down by his car and he really was a prick because he was still talking about your car. Anyways, I had a great time out there too, it was like being in Corvette heaven. I have some pics from that day too, I will post them once I figure out how to do it. I really wish I did bring my car though, oh well, maybe next year.

Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:42 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

K9 Vette wrote:
Hey Stefan, I'm glad I got to meet you out there. I was the guy who introduced myself to you with my girlfriend but I didnt bring my car because it was supposed to rain.

Yeah that one guy was a jerk, thinking he was better than you because you painted your stickers on. My girlfriend and I saw him later down by his car and he really was a prick because he was still talking about your car. Anyways, I had a great time out there too, it was like being in Corvette heaven. I have some pics from that day too, I will post them once I figure out how to do it. I really wish I did bring my car though, oh well, maybe next year.

Later

Hey Brian..

Yeah, i figured he would continue to talk smack.. What a.. Uhm, better part of valor.. :roll: :roll: (Of course now i'm curious as to what he kept going on, probably in the line of: Oh this dope up there, doesnt even have his decals, engine looks like crap, has over 105000 on the clock, bla bla, <start> WHATEVER <end> :lol: :lol: )

It was really good to meet you (and your girlfriend, tell her i said Hi and no excuses for not taking the car anymore!).. You guys are what make the "hobby" enjoyable.

If you have the pics hosted somewhere on the internet, use the IMG /IMG from above, if not and if you want, email me the pics, i can add them to my photobucket site.

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:29 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yeah we didnt stick around to hear the smack talking, I just told him that I was surprised to see a few CEs here...and thats when he started talking about yours...and we just walked away from him in mid sentence. He was very arogant.

As far as the picks I just tried loading them into Photobucket but the server must have been down. I will try again some other time. I have one good one of yours with the hood and hatch up. Thats what made your CE stand out from the rest, the only CE with the hatch open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:14 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

K9 Vette wrote:
Yeah we didnt stick around to hear the smack talking, I just told him that I was surprised to see a few CEs here...and thats when he started talking about yours...and we just walked away from him in mid sentence. He was very arogant.

As far as the picks I just tried loading them into Photobucket but the server must have been down. I will try again some other time. I have one good one of yours with the hood and hatch up. Thats what made your CE stand out from the rest, the only CE with the hatch open.

Serves him right.. Good deal!!

8) Looking forward to the pics (all of them)..
Thanks for the compliments on my car. I chose to open both, because even if i had a hard time closing the hatch later (before i drove off the boards, i still need to adjust for the side play, it did work 3-4 times without a hitch) i think it attracts people. Wind be damned.. :lol:

As far as the hood: Well, i wanted to show that mine had been driven, not just showcased.. Got a lot of Bubba under the hood but hey..
She's running (Well actually) and She IS mine.. :wink: :wink:

Had to close both though a little after you guys left as the wind really picked up and started shaking the hood.. Didnt want that flying around.. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:37 pm 

This is what I got at Carlisle this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I drive mine like Stefen does. Drive, drive and more drive. We BAD!!! 8) :wink: :lol:

I'm not close to Stefan's mileage but do have over 84,000 on it. :P

Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:39 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Iron 82 wrote:
This is what I got at Carlisle this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I drive mine like Stefen does. Drive, drive and more drive. We BAD!!! 8) :wink: :lol:

I disagree with them Mike, but it is funny..
"Most abused" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, we bad.. :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:25 pm 

Now I know what I must aspire to!! :) I'm only 12000mi behind you.

Good job! :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 pm 

82ColEd wrote:
I disagree with them Mike, but it is funny..
"Most abused" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, we bad.. :lol: :wink:

I thought it was funny to.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I know I got it because the other '82's and '96's were way less miles then ours and garage kept. :o But I like it. :mrgreen:

blondecollector wrote:
Now I know what I must aspire to!! :) I'm only 12000mi behind you.

Good job! :!:

Let's get rolling!! :lol: :wink:

Iron82