It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:03 am 

Well this place has been like a boneyard lately, so I think we need a BS thread just to keep the activity going here.

I'll start off by saying that I put in some new motor mounts last week, my AC line, and the top part of the air pump were starting to rub the hood on the passenger side. The new mounts cured the problem...
I also installed a heated O2 sensor while I was under there, I got tired of the check engine light popping on when I would coast up to a stop light...So far, so good...

Your turn!

Post subject: Chirp' Chirp' Chirp'
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:37 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I agree its bee quiet out there. Ever have your oil pressure guage go up 80 all of a sudden when you stopped? Not sure why mine did, but went back to normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:16 am 

I'm trying to remember the flow route of the small block, If I remember right the sensor is after the oil filter. Which would rule out a problem with the pump or filter.
It could be an electrical problem, possible with the connection, or the board behind the gauge...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:32 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

I'll chirp in some crickets..

Took the car out Monday for a teensiey bit (dont have much time these days, the kid is getting bigger (8 1/2 month old now)).. FELT eally good.. I had had the inspection done earlier and an oil change, as usual, because i am due before the seaon i have them change the oil regardless, and the filter.. She felt good to drive, but it reminded me how much i want to do with the car.. :roll:

Saw a couple of C5's (Z06's, nice cars), stopped but didnt chat, as i was too embarressed.. My poor car is still not washed and has dust all over. :cry:

Guess all the others are out and about ??

Dawg: Sounds like you are cranking the repairs/upgrades out.. I admire you..

Basecar: Nope, not here. It usually just bumbels around (ie. between 40-60) but hasnt been up there yet (i'd probably freak too)..

Save the Wave !!
-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:19 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just to keep the chirping BS thing going. I am working on the front end installing new graphite impregnated poly bushings,new shocks,springs,resealing the steering valve,resealing the P/S cyl.,ripped out the brake lines,calipers etc.,etc.,No wonder I havn't had time to visit!I am jealous of all those running CE's!
Jules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:06 am 

Stefan,
Good to hear your out on the road again, I drive mine year round here. It's the freaking desert, so there's no snow!
I think you guys have it great this time of year, getting your vette out of storage must be like taking the training wheels off for the first time every year.

Jules,
When you get done, come on over and help me rebuild the front end on mine :lol: It's something on my list to get done soon.
I did replace the steering control, and cylinder with all the hoses this spring, so at least that part doesn't leak anymore...

Anyone else out there???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:33 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

:lol:
Training Wheels.. Yeah, it's a bit like that.. And sometimes we fall on our face.. Usually there is something, like the brakes being a bit soft or the like. Warming her up is always a pain. But, then the smile comes back on the face once we're warmed up and cookin'...

Save the Wave everyone !!

-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:20 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Just to keep the chirping going. All this talk has got me wanting to take mine out for an afternoon run. Haven't had it out for awhile. But in honor of Independence Day, she's comming out. I just wish it wasn't so freakin' HOT out. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:18 pm 

Yeah, went for a short cruise this morning to breakfast, and the starter is kaput...got it to crank over with the usual tap on the solenoid and made it home ok..
Guess I need to pick one up this week and put it in.

It was still a fun drive anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:47 pm 

Put the new starter in today, and another new O2 sensor, No more codes (yeah!)

Took the wife for a little 80 mile cruise for some chinese food, It was 110 degrees outside, we ran with the AC on and about 75 the whole way. Man what blast!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:32 pm 

Desertdawg wrote:

Took the wife for a little 80 mile cruise for some chinese food, It was 110 degrees outside, we ran with the AC on and about 75 the whole way. Man what blast!!! :D

You two have to much fun.... :wink:

I will start this week on driving mine as a daily. 8) We'll see how dirty it will get driving over 60 miles a day. :roll: :roll:

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:29 am 

Just remember, if it's dirty, it means you probably had fun!!!

We went up towards Goodyear today to get a few things at the grocery store, and as we were taking the interstate exit, it promptly threw the power steering belt. That meant my wife didn't want to manhandle it home. So I got to drive both ways... :D

I'll pick up a new set of belts tomorrow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:58 am 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Desertdawg wrote:

A/C ? Darn you.. Stop reminding me i still gotta do the heater core... :lol:

I finally moved the baby carriage out of the way, while i was clewaning up the garage from all the dust that collected over the winter/spring, so i can actually get the car out without having to manouver that thing out of the way.. :lol:

Next on the list: Starting the car and actually getting more than a run around the block in (maybe in a month or so)..

Just jealousy talking, glad you guys are having fun..

:wave
-Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:45 pm 

This weekend I will do a tune-up, fill the A/C, tyre rotation and get ready for a long drive up to N.Y. in 16 days. Got two shows to go to. Ohhh... long drive... :roll: But having fun while driving a Corvette. You can't miss that! 8) :D

NCM Lifetime Member #1353
Iron82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:25 pm 
Veteran Forum Member
Veteran Forum Member

Stefan, I don't envy you having to change out the heater core. Did mine last year. It's not hard, just alot of work and dash teardown. I just put an '86 fuel pump in my CE over the weekend. I really notice the difference at WOT from 40-70 mph. The car's acceleration really surges ahead better than the old FP. Now what other wrench turning tricks are out there that I can do? Anybody got any ideas? Already put in a 180 deg. stat. :lol: